Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Try not to let the fact that it’s Monday get you down. Today is a day of love! Romance is in the air.. fresh flowers.. chocolates.. yum! Right now the room is filled with the scent of tulips and roses. It smells like springtime! Oh, I can’t wait for spring!!

I had a chance to photograph the flowers I got today. These tulips were such a deep red… and mmm… I can still smell them!

tulip closetulip close2

I also had a chance to photograph some roses – I love roses! I’m thinking about drying them out when they start to wilt.

rose logo

Look at the texture on the petal! The drops of water complete the look I was going for. I have always said photographing plants is much easier than photographing people. This next one is a little over-exposed, but I like it anyways. A good friend once told me “You are only as good as your best photos,” so normally I wouldn’t put a photo up with such obvious mistakes. However, I think it gave a nice effect for this black and white.

rose logo2

Leave your comments below and tell me what you think! Input is always appreciated!

Also, the Valentines Day special is still running through midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment